Tuesday, June 21, 2016

This Important Step Is Often Overlooked

This Important Step Is Often Overlooked


Several years ago I was introduced to a personality assessment that I now feel is a must take for everyone. It's called the Kolbe A Index. I was attending a financial services seminar in New Hampshire and the Kolbe test was required to attend. At the time I was an independent insurance agent specializing in medicare supplement plans. I had become pretty well versed in medicare due to family circumstances and I had researched tons of information on the topic. Little did I know at the time, I was naturally good at researching and systematizing content. However, it may have been hurting my sales performance.


You see, I discovered my highest natural trait related to the Kolbe test is a Fact Finder. From my perspective, I wanted people to know all the facts and I mean all the facts. Well, this would be great if I'm working with an Engineer or fellow fact finder but I'd be putting everyone else to sleep. I was not connecting effectively with my clients


When I discovered what made me tick it was easier for me to communicate my message to others in an effective way. Suddenly, my sales took off. It's important to know how & where you naturally fit in related to your personal & professional life. You can discover your natural profile with the Kolbe A Index. This is an awesome self discovery tool.


So what is the Kolbe A Index? From their website:

“A 36-question assessment that measures a person's instinctive method of problem solving. The Index result describes an individual's natural strengths and includes a customized audio interpretation offering suggestions on how to leverage these talents to achieve greater personal and professional success.”


One of the most important things you can discover about yourself is what you're naturally good at accomplishing. Think about it, it just makes logical sense. If you're innately good at crunching numbers…it comes easily to you, you're not going to feel stressed. Related to the career path you take, this is vitally important to know and the sooner you know the better.


If you're thinking about starting a business for yourself, don't overlook this important step. Discover what you are naturally good a doing. Explore careers that are in line with who you are and eliminate a potentially poor career or business choice. Knowing the road you should not travel is just as important to understand as selecting the right path.


I highly recommend the Kolbe A Index assessment http://www.Kolbe.com


What are your natural talents?





This Important Step Is Often Overlooked

No comments:

Post a Comment